Chief Financial Officer
Permanent Full Time
The Lady Dunn Health Centre (LDHC) is extremely proud of its approximately 110 dedicated staff, physicians, and volunteers who work together to provide quality health services to a catchment population of approximately 4,400. LDHC is a multi-service facility located east of the north shore of Lake Superior. The health centre includes ten acute care, two respite and sixteen long term care beds. We operate a 24-hour emergency department, staffed by a Registered Nurse and an on-call Physician. We also provide an endoscopy program, Diagnostic and Therapeutic services, Telehealth and a Nurse Practitioner Program. Our community service programs include North Algoma Counselling Service, North Algoma Diabetes Education Program, and outreach nursing clinics in the communities of Dubreuilville and Missanabie. Other on-site services that operate as separate entities are the Wawa Family Health Team, North East LHIN Home and Community Care and the Paramedic Services of Algoma.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is accountable to the CEO and is a key member of the Senior Management Team. The CFO provides vision, direction, and strategic leadership of the following corporate services: Finance, IT, Risk Management, Facilities Management, Environmental Services, Food Services and Health Records. The CFO will lead strategic efforts to grow revenue and ensure that the hospital’s financial position continues to be strong and supports innovation and growth.
The Chief Financial Officer will be a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) with a proven track record of success in senior financial and support service leadership. They will have demonstrated leadership and team building skills combined with an unrelenting service orientation and a commitment to high quality output and results. The ideal candidate will be a transformational leader and great relationship builder. They will have had at least 10 years of senior leadership success with health sector experience being considered an asset.
For more information on this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this Opportunity, please submit online: email@example.com
Posted: June 1, 2022 – June 30, 2022, 4:00pm
Lady Dunn Health Centre – ONA Local 012
1 Permanent FT Medical Laboratory Technologist
Department: Laboratory Services
Rate: $30.91 – 42.23
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night
Job Posting #: 020-020-2020
Potential Start Date: TBD
Location: Lady Dunn Health Centre
The LDHC is a multi-service facility located east of the north shore of Lake Superior. Our catchment area has a population of 4,352. It includes the communities of Dubreuilville, Hawk Junction, Michipicoten First Nation, Michipicoten Township-Wawa, Missanabie, and White River.
The Health Centre includes ten acute care, two respite and sixteen long term care beds. We operate a 24-hour emergency department, staffed by a Registered Nurse and an on-call Physician. We also provide a Surgical Program, Diagnostics, Therapeutic services and Telehealth.
Our community service program includes North Algoma Counselling Service, Diabetes Education, and outreach nursing clinics in the communities of Dubreuilville and Missanabie.
Other on-site services that operate as separate entities within our facility are the Wawa Medical Centre, Wawa Family Health Team, North East Community Care Access Centre and the Algoma District Paramedic Services.
- Perform laboratory procedures as indicated in department manuals, following Hospital and Laboratory Policies.
- Remain current in laboratory medicine and participate in available continuing education programs as required by the CMLTO.
- Follows all procedures and maintenance routines to ensure all laboratory equipment is at optimum efficiency and to repair, as they are trained and able, troubleshooting and/or malfunctions.
- Communicate with Patient Care Providers on laboratory matters and exercise independent judgment in specimen procurement, specimen analysis, reporting and interpretation of findings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a post secondary Laboratory Technologist certificate program from a recognized institution.
- Registered by the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario in good standing
- General Certificate, but Subject Certification may be acceptable at the discretion of the Laboratory Director.
- Minimum acceptable experience in a training program approved by CSMLS, which includes a one-year clinical training.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
- Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
- Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
- Behavior consistent with Hospital Values.
- Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of and participation in Quality Control procedures and Quality Assurance Programs.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment maintenance and operation required.
- Knowledge of sterile tissue culture conditions as required by assigned area.
- Proficiency in English and French preferred.
To apply in confidence, please submit a resume outlining how your knowledge, experience and personal attributes are a good fit with the requirements of this position and the organization to:
Human Resources, Recruiting
Lady Dunn Health Centre
Please be sure to include the job posting # in the subject line.
Lady Dunn Health Centre encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Those requiring accommodation during the recruitment process should contact Human Resources Services at 705-856-2335, Ext. 3153 to make appropriate arrangements.